Are you ready to look and feel your best? We can help! In addition to a full array of skin care products, non-surgical body contouring procedures, cosmetic injectables, and more, Laguna Beach Rejuvenation and Wellness is now offering services to both men and women that can help you from the inside out. There is nothing more attractive than vitality and health!
Services we offer include:
- Medical grade, comprehensive line of supplements
- B12 and B Max Injections
- Testosterone BHRT (pellets, injections, and more)
- Weight Loss Program
Our Wellness Services are overseen by a board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Daniel C. Mills—the founder and medical director of Laguna Beach Rejuvenation and Wellness. For more information, or to schedule a consultation, please contact our practice today.
Why is it necessary to take nutritional supplements?
Good health and vitality starts with a nutritious diet. Food is the fuel that keeps our bodies in top shape. However, for the vast majority of us, our normal diet does not provide all of the nutrients that we need to counteract the effects of stress, aging and environmental factors. In our fast-paced lives we often let our health take a back seat and simply don’t have the time to sit down to a carefully prepared meal. This is where we believe that our supplements can help to fill that nutritional void. Of course, supplements should never be considered as a substitute for a healthy diet, exercise and other healthy habits or activities.
Here are some of the reasons why vitamins and other nutritional supplements are helpful:
- Current media and food options have provided us with misleading access to affordable but nutritionally poor food. We’re eating more food with less value.
- A common American diet that includes foods such as pizza, bread, dairy, alcohol, desserts, soda’s etc is high in calories but does not provide the needed calcium, Vitamin D, magnesium, etc.
- As you get older, your nutritional needs increase and your ability to absorb crucial nutrients decreases. As an example: vitamin B12, a water soluble vitamin, is often a deficiency as we age. This is because this vitamin’s absorption depends on hydrochloric acid, pepsin (an enzyme that breaks the bonds that bind B12 to protein) and intrinsic factor (a substance also required for B12 absorption). Production of all three declines dramatically with age.
- Clinical studies have found that even well-fed, independent adults can be deficient in all complex vitamins, coenzyme Q10, Vitamins A, D, and E, as well as calcium and zinc.
- Modern food packaging and preparation strips even healthy food of heat sensitive and water soluble nutrients. The majority of Vitamin C, for example, is lost during boiling, and even steaming wastes nutrients. Unless you’re a raw foods enthusiast, count on some nutrient deterioration during cooking.
- Nutrients in plant food are linked to the quality of the soil from which the food is taken. The Nutrition Security Institute says agricultural soils in the US have experienced an 85 percent depletion in minerals over the last hundred years.
- As soon as a fruit or vegetable is picked, it begins losing its nutritional value. This continues through the processing phase and the storage period, when it ultimately lands on the supermarket shelf. By this time, the fruit or vegetable may be months old. While freezing these foods can help them maintain nutritional value, temperature fluctuations may also have adverse effects on the quality of nutrients found in them.
Ultimately, it’s important to remember that you may not be getting the recommended daily vitamins and minerals from the food you are eating. Vitamins and supplements can make up for any losses you are experiencing from your diet.
The foundation of any nutritional supplements plan is a high-quality multivitamin. It’s one of the smartest things we can do to enhance energy, maintain a healthy heart and immune system, decrease inflammation, and improve quality of life. For additional supplement recommendations by our Wellness Specialist, schedule a consultation and evaluation to determine what supplement regime can help you to look and feel your very best.
B12 and B Max injections Available in Our Wellness Clinic
B vitamins play an intricate role in homocysteine metabolism. Homocysteine levels are an important predictor for cardiovascular risk (heart attack, strokes, blood clots) and dementia, among others. A combination of folic acid, vitamin B12 and vitamin B6 are most often used to help reduce homocysteine levels naturally. B Vitamins are important for cellular energy production, red blood cell formation, amino acid and fatty acid synthesis, neurological health, anxiety, stress reduction, skin health, muscle tone, and pregnancy, as well as several other critical reactions throughout the body’s metabolism.
B MAX injections include:
B complex, which contains all B vitamins needed for essential body functions. There are eight essential B complex vitamins:
- (B1) Thiamine
- (B2) Riboflavin
- (B3) Niacin
- (B5) Pantothenic Acid
- (B6) Pyridoxine
- (B7) Biotin
- (B9) Folic Acid
- (B12) Cyanocobalamin
B complex vitamins aid in the conversion of carbohydrates to glucose (sugar) to produce energy. All B vitamins are essential for protein and fat breakdown, as well as to maintain muscle tone in the gastrointestinal tract. They are also essential to maintain healthy skin, hair, nails, eyes, and a healthy nervous system and liver. B complex vitamin injections are frequently used for fatigue due to nerve damage, sciatica, diabetes, Multiple Sclerosis, alcoholic neuropathy, and tingling and numbness caused by vitamin B deficiencies. These vitamin injections are also used for dermatitis, psoriasis, and anemia, among other conditions.
B6 is one of the most important B vitamins. It’s a cofactor in many enzyme reactions to produce amino acids and regulate sugar, lipid metabolism, and gene expression. B6 helps maintain a healthy immune system and, consequently, may protect against cancer and infection. It is commonly used by females for PMS, PMT, and menopausal symptoms. B6 is also intricately involved in multiple enzymatic functions, protein metabolism and formation. It also plays a critical role in Hormone Balance, water shifts in the female body, and fat metabolism. B6 can reduce stress-related problems, improve immune function, and help with headaches, fatigue, and blood sugar regulation, among other functions.
B12 is required for DNA production and cell division. It is also fundamental for development and function of the brain and nervous system. B12 is involved in myelin formation (the protective barrier that surrounds nerve fibers), and B12 is also important for the production of neurotransmitters. Its deficiency is very common in the elderly, vegetarians, athletes, those who drink alcohol, and those who do not consume a balanced diet. B12 also enhances cell metabolism and increases energy, therefore it is commonly used in weight loss programs.
News on BioIdentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
We have all heard the exciting news that hormone replacement therapy can help both in body and emotions – but where to start? Many family doctors are aware of the therapy, but not necessarily trained and knowledgeable about the mental and physical struggles of deficient hormone levels or their treatment. Our providers are specially trained in this area to support you in your journey to better health.
Most of us begin to have hormone deficiencies or imbalances by the age of 40. The simple process of aging, combined with environmental and dietary damage takes its toll. Every person reacts to these processes differently and, in order to create the most beneficial treatment, an in-depth evaluation, including laboratory testing, is required. Once it has been determined where the imbalances are, your provider will work with you to use BioIdentical Hormone Replacement Therapy and Medical Grade Supplements to bring you back in line.
Have you been experiencing these symptoms?
- Weight gain
- Low energy
- Hair loss
- Decreased sex drive
- Depression or mood swings
- Trouble sleeping and fatigue
- Problems concentrating or remembering
We often think of these symptoms with a sense of resignation – that they are just part of aging. However, Bioidentical Hormone Therapy can address these problems and give you your vitality back.
Evaluation and treatment by our providers can include:
- A complete review of your current systems, along with your medical and family history
- Laboratory testing of blood, saliva, and urine
- Natural hormone regimen to balance hormones
- Ongoing support and evaluation to adjust treatment to your specific needs. Your hormone and supplement needs will continue to change as you continue to age, so ongoing support and therapy adjustment is crucial.
- We prescribe only Quality Compounded Pharmacy Hormones: oral, cream, patch, and gel forms to best suit your needs.
- Highest quality supplements
- Nutrition plans
- Fitness programs
- Help with stress reduction management
- Hormone balance, under the guidance of an expert provider, can be simple to achieve and correct many physical problems.
Recent data shows that Americans belong to the number one overfed country in the world. We rely mostly on the “fast food” industry to feed us, sometimes forgetting how important it is to take personal charge of what we put into our bodies. The average American consumes approximately 3000 to 4000 calories per day, which provide the makeup for a lot of processed food, alcohol, carbohydrates, and sugars. All of these have been the culprits of chronic diseases including cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and others.
There are many diets that can help you lose weight and attain better health, you just have to find the diet that works for you. Most importantly, due to the stressful nature of our lives and the pressure of society, the balance of our hormones has been compromised. So, one of the first steps in feeling better and losing weight is to fine-tune our hormones as well as possible to help the body’s metabolism and physiology work at its best.
Hormones are very important to our bodies, and they have to all work in harmony for the body to function properly. Not eating well, not exercising, and not managing your stress properly can all have an effect on hormonal balance.
The decision you make about losing weight binds you and your body in a compromise on how you plan to respect and treat it. It’s a compromise that requires dedication, sacrifice, and – most importantly – effort and energy invested toward feeling and looking better. Losing excess weight can provide you with higher levels of energy and vitality, better sleep, a better mood, and less frustration caused by low energy. You have the power to take steps toward controlling diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or other chronic diseases. This is the power of choice – the choice to be a healthier person. You just have to make it happen as you do with work, family, and life.
Our weight loss program involves balancing your hormones and utilizing the ones necessary to help you attain your goal or, at minimum, a healthy weight. We can also utilize laboratory testing with available genetic resources that can help us find the root cause of your weight problem and recommend the best diet to maintain a healthy weight.
*Individual Results May Vary